Prospect’s foundational literacy program for learners who have a developmental disability.
Program participants will receive personalized 1-2 hour lessons, up to twice a week, to improve their literacy levels based on their needs and goals. Support may be provided in small groups and learners can also receive an additional 1 hour of one-to-one support.
Examples of foundational learning goals include reading a map, creating a to-do list, and other practical daily applications. The program timeline depends on individual learner goals, but will not exceed 10 months.
- Qualify for PDD funding and participate in an interview/assessment for the program
- Have a desire to improve their literacy skills
- Be able to take part in activities/workshops that are up to 2 hours long
- Be capable of self-administering medication
- Require minimal mobility assistance
- Be comfortable being in a group of 2-4 people
If you’re a results-oriented donor, Prospect is a great option. Last year we touched the lives of over 6,775 Albertans and helped 1,311 people hear the words, “You Got The Job!”