Employment Services Explained
RESUME Services may include:
- Identifying skills, keywords, accomplishments
- Using more powerful and effective language
- Work experience and education history are required. We can provide you with a worksheet to organize this information for the resume.
INTERVIEW PREPARATION Services may include:
- General practice questions
- Interview practice for specific positions
- Preparing for on-line interviews
- Each session is one hour. You will get the greatest benefit from this service if you treat it like an actual interview (appropriate clothing).
- You can also request advice on disclosing disabilities and requesting accommodations
JOB SEARCH STRATEGIES Services may include:
- Searching and understanding target industries, companies and employers
- Keeping track of applications
- Reviewing and understanding applicant tracking systems (software designed for recruitment)
- Support for applying on-line
- Regular check-in’s to support motivation and staying on track
CAREER EXPLORATION Services may include:
- Review of education, credentials, training, certificates
- Review of employment history, tasks, responsibilities, knowledge and skills
- Using personality and career exploration assessments
- Aligning education and experience with job and industry requirements
- Identifying a job target that meets your needs and best utilizes your skills
- A commitment to self exploration and a willingness to research will help you get the maximum benefit from this service
SERVICES TO HELP YOU TO CONNECT WITH EMPLOYERS AND SEARCH FOR JOBS:
- Aligning your skills with employer requirements and connections to Prospect employer partners
- Researching potential employers
- Sourcing job vacancies
- Assessment of workplace accommodations for disabilities
- Playing an active role in your job search and having a job target consistent with your skills, experience and work history are essential for this service.
SERVICES TO HELP YOU STAY EMPLOYED may include:
- Identification of barriers to maintaining employment
- Assessing and aligning employer expectations with your strengths and abilities
- Strategies for employer and/or employee to deal with barriers. Can include sensitivity training for staff, modifying or customizing tasks while meeting the needs of the employer, and altering the work space.
- Connections to resources for mental health or essential skills training services
- Advisors who will come onsite to assess your position and workplace, including looking at stress in the work environment, employer comfort and skill level in working with diverse populations, and physical accessibility of the work space.